Sunday, June 25, 2006

A Week At The Farm



Well, we just returned from a week at Andy's parent's house (aka "the Farm"). What a blast! The children of course love it there. They spent time playing with the chicks, swimming in the pond, paddling the new little boat Grandpa got for them and (the reason we really went down) helping with the haying. I have a hilarious picture of Grandpa on the tractor with Nathan asleep on his lap! I can't imagine falling asleep in all that racket, but I guess when you're 3 and you're sleepy you just go for it! :-)
Here's a cute picture of the girls with a few of the chicks. They would get up each morning at dawn and bring the chicks out to play until breakfast time. What a life! :-)

7 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

hi mrs. s.! I just discovered your blog, too! (strike two for the night) I'm glad you had a good visit

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Awww, that's nice.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Very cute. Your girls are much more comfy w/ animals than Gabi is.. She tries to get close but then gets too scared. But not... my Sammy he doesn't have a problem getting right in the middle of whatever. When we were in Indiana.. (on a farm) we had keep him away from their dog. (this dog was fierce and didn't like people.)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Lauralee said...

Yes, Linda, they have a lot of fun with the animals. Sometimes I wish they had a little more fear! :-) Like the time Nathan insisted on riding the stubborn little Shetland pony that ended up running away with Jonathan. Yikes!!! Guess I know where my grey hair is coming from.
Elisabeth, I've enjoyed reading your blog too. Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Homemanager said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Lauralee!
I came to your blog through Linda's blog! :o)

Congratulations! #7...I have 5 and I'm due with #6 in January. I also homeschool. My oldest has just graduated from High School and will be heading to a local college this fall.

It is very nice to "meet" you!

Karen

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger steveswife said...

Hey Laura. I am trying out this blogging thing too, although at the moment, I am distracted by an ant that just climbed under my shift key. Controlled chaos--how do you manage that? Mine is more "out of control!"

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Lauralee said...

Hi Julie! What fun! I'll have to check out your blog too. "Controlled chaos"...well, maybe it was just wishful thinking. :-) Some parts are more controlled and some are definitely just chaos!
Karen, nice to "meet" you too! Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home